As promised, today NCSoft has opened the opportunity to preload the client for the upcoming hotly anticipated MMORPG Throne and Liberty, and literally tomorrow it will be possible to pre-create a character (one for each server). In this material you will find detailed instructions on how to preload the client and register an account. The material is being finalized and the text below will definitely be updated on November 22 and December 7.
1) First of all, download PURPLE – a launcher through which you install all multi-platform and PC games from NCSoft. To do this we go link, click on the white button in the upper right corner of the page, then on the purple Windows button and again on the purple button in the window that appears. Alternative: Just click to this link (direct link to the installation file, but for one reason or another in the future the link may change and not work).
Note: most likely because the launcher was recently rebranded, I was unable to log in using the old version. If you encounter a similar situation, simply uninstall the old version (you can check the box to save the settings) and install the new one.
2) After installing and launching PURPLE, you will see a form in front of you with an impressive number of login options: via NCSoft account, by phone number, via Google account, via Facebook, via apple ID, via Twitter, via Line and via VK. Before logging in, under the launcher logo, change the region to Korea, Republic (checkmark at the very bottom – autologin).
Now we come to the most interesting part, how to get an account for a Korean project, because usually verification is required using a real Korean mobile number or other data. At the time of writing, the client can be downloaded by logging in through a regular Google account, although if you have a verified Korean NCSoft account, it is better to use it.
An interesting point: for the sake of a test in early November, I logged in through a regular Google account and played the Korean version of Blade & Soul without any problems at all (I reached the first settlement).
3) After logging in, if desired, change the language of the launcher to one that you understand (if it is already installed, skip the step): click on the gear in the upper right corner of the interface and then select the desired option from the drop-down menu of the first item (Russian is present).
After that, on the main page, select the Throne and Liberty plate (if you don’t see it, select the PC section) and do the following:
- Click on the purple button at the bottom right of the interface.
- We select where to install the client (check the box to create a shortcut on the desktop) and then click on the button at the bottom of the window.
- Click on the purple button again, wait for the installer to download the launcher, and install the client.
- We are waiting for the launcher to download all the necessary files.
- We are waiting for the 22nd to pre-create a character (this can be done after 14:00 Moscow time).
Once the launcher finishes downloading the client files, you can change the game language if you wish. To do this, click on the text under the gray button and in the drop-down menu, the first item at the top is responsible for the text language, the second for the voice acting.