The calendar year is finally coming to an end. And with the end of the year, the final additions for many massively multiplayer online role-playing games are coming out.
And the last addition of the year for their game Path of Exile is being released by the developers from Grinding Gear Games.
The Forbidden Sanctuary expansion releases Friday, December 9th for PC and Wednesday, December 14th for consoles.
This add-on will add a whole host of new features to the popular action RPG, including a new challenge league and big changes to endgame content. One of the big changes is the introduction of “Relentless” difficulty, which is an additional way to play the game with extreme item scarcity.
As with previous expansions, players can expect new unique characters, gems, and new core mechanics, which in this expansion is the Forbidden Sanctuary.
Of the new features in the upcoming addition, we are waiting for you:
- New 3 Month Challenge League: Forbidden Sanctuary is a roguelike game set in Path of Exile. Players will have to explore an ancient sanctuary that is rumored to be hidden under the ruins of the Sanctuary. Long abandoned, a malevolent presence has taken hold. In each area of Wraeclast they pass through, players will have the opportunity to explore one room of the Sanctuary in search of its treasures.
- New Skills and Vaal Stones – Two new skill stones have been introduced that benefit melee characters. These are Volcanic Fissure, the Fire Strike skill, and Frozen Legion, a spell that summons a ring of melee ice statues. Many new Vaal gems have been introduced. Vaal Stones are alternate versions of existing Skill Gems that provide periodic, massive increases in strength.
- Relentless Mode is an optional new game mode that can be selected during character creation. Ruthless is an extreme item scarcity game that creates a challenging and brutal way to play Path of Exile.
- New Unique Items – This expansion introduces over fifteen new unique items that can be found in the Sanctuary or throughout Wraeclast. These items open up new possibilities for creating specialized characters.
- Monster Modifiers – The Archnemesis monster modifier system has been replaced with an improved set of modifiers, each of which performs only one action and says exactly what it does. As a result, their rewards have been updated and are no longer associated with certain modifiers. In general, fighting magic and rare monsters is now less difficult, but can still result in a combination of modifiers that will make your heart beat faster.
- Endgame Improvements – Improvements have been made to the Atlas passive tree that allow players to invest even more in the content they love. Two new Atlas memories can now also be found, telling the story of Domination and Bestiary.
- Improved Endgame Unique Weapons – Ten unique endgame weapons have received massive improvements to bring them in line with some of Path of Exile’s most iconic items. Naturally, now they are extremely rare.
- Balance Changes – Many balance changes have been made to playable areas such as Gems, Curses, and Eldritch Altars.
In the meantime, we are waiting for the release of the add-on, you can check out the fresh trailer for this add-on.