Journalists had the opportunity to test wild hearts — an action movie about hunting monsters, which is being developed by the studio Omega Force with the support of Electronic Arts. We have selected the most interesting details from fresh previews.
- Before the start of the campaign, the user is given to customize the gender and appearance of the character.
- Azuma region where the action takes place wild heartsconsists of the hub city of Minoto and at least four hunting zones.
The action has the mechanics of construction. It allows you to instantly create items even in combat – for example, build a box to jump from it to a monster. Certain combinations of basic elements are transformed into new structures – for example, a protective wall is obtained from six boxes.
- The erected objects do not disappear over time, so that the world can be gradually settled in – set up tents for rest and run cables for high-speed movement. By breaking an unnecessary device, you will return the materials spent on it.
- wild hearts structured as follows. You have a mandatory quest constantly active – say, get to a specific location or defeat one of the animals. There are also side quests that run around the campfire or on the world map. For their implementation, they are awarded points for pumping building skills and materials to improve equipment.
- The local arsenal includes eight types of weapons. They differ in the complexity of mastering – for example, a katana does not require special skill, but a Japanese umbrella called wagasa is not so easy to master. A mechanical bear will help you understand the basics, but the author of IGN writes that the training is rather superficial.
- In Azuma, you can find ingredients and resources. From the first, dishes are prepared that increase the performance of the main character, and the latter are needed to upgrade equipment.
- At the announcement stage wild hearts it became known that the game supports single player mode and co-op for three. As the executive producer of the publishing label explained EA Originals Lewis Harvey (Lewis Harvey), the authors did not increase the squad size to four people because it would be too difficult for the developers to balance the building mechanics.
- Journalists praised the gameplay wild hearts, but mentioned a lot of technical rough edges. An employee of the Video Games Chronicle called the early build hopelessly unstable – the frame rate sagged noticeably below 30 fps, the artificial intelligence of the creatures failed, loading objects was an eyesore, numerous bugs arose.
- GamesRadar spoke with the directors of the game – Kotaro Hirata (Kotaro Hirata) and Takuto Edagawa (Takuto Edagawa). Last commented comparisons wild hearts With monster hunter:
We are both big fans of the hunting genre, we love hunting games and play them ourselves. Obviously we know that monster hunter is a very popular game in the hunting genre, and comparisons [Wild Hearts] We are honored with her.
wild hearts launches February 17, 2023 on PC (Steam, EGS, Origin), PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series. Prices bite harder than fantasy monsters – $ 69.99 for the standard edition and $ 89.99 for the Deluxe. There will be no Russian translation.