Last night, along with the next weekly reset for Destiny 2, the long-awaited major addition “Lightfall (Doomsday)” was released, the launch of which went almost perfectly (the standard queues were already present). It brought the continuation of the main storyline, season 20, new activities, quests, mechanics, various equipment, changes and other extremely pleasant things. In this article, we will analyze in detail all the activities already available.
As in the case with the Witch Queen expansion, users can complete the End of the World story by choosing one of 2 difficulty levels – normal and legendary. The former allows you to enjoy the story without causing any difficulties, and the latter offers a number of very valuable rewards, while making opponents much more deadly. Due to the increased complexity, the time to complete the story also increases, it took me about 7 hours to complete it.
The list of legendary difficulty rewards is slightly different from the version of the Witch Queen expansion and is as follows:
- Full set of equipment (weapon + armor) 1770 light level – issued immediately after the completion of the last story mission. In theory, the set will allow you to prepare for the raid faster.
- New exotic armor to choose from – now the armor has good characteristics (total indicator is 65, and not as before, 46).
- 300 skeins of thread – an extremely important and pleasant initial subject, then you will understand why.
- 8 upgrade modules – to immediately pour 1770 blue set into the right things.
- Custom profile background.
In addition to the change in rewards, the legendary difficulty has undergone one extremely important change compared to the version from the previous expansion – a group size modifier has been added to it. That is, the already increased complexity adjusts to the size of the group and, according to my feelings, the three of us are much more difficult to resist opponents than alone (although the group has its advantages).
In the process of exploring the new location of Neomun, players may stumble upon a special and, in my opinion, rather strange activity with the unusual name “Terminal Overload”. This public event is built around a similar scheme to the Nightmare Isolation, but much more complex due to the constant modifier of the location itself. Unfortunately, a player search system is not provided for it, but after completing the story company on the quest of the hall of heroes, you can open a fast teleport point, which should be thrown onto the channel with characters.
The essence of the event is simple and uncomplicated – when fighting the Cabals and Vex, you need to complete several stages, divided into stages, and then kill two bosses. Due to the fact that I’m not sure if rotation is present, I’ll just describe the different stages below:
- Achieve 100% by destroying Kabals.
- Usually, an aircraft appears with them, which must be destroyed immediately, otherwise it interferes greatly.
- Grab the plate while fighting off the Vex.
- Destroy some Vex cubes (usually right after the plate).
- You can deal damage to cubes only with the help of skulls, which are knocked out of luminous minotaurs.
- Defeat several Kabal Psions.
- Destroy the tank mini-boss.
- The tank periodically closes with an impenetrable shield and summons psions, they must be killed to remove the shield.
- Defeat the giant minotaur mini-boss.
- Defeat the Cabal Captain’s mini-boss.
- The captain periodically closes himself with an impenetrable shield and summons energy domes, they must be destroyed in order to remove the shield.
- Defeat the Psion Boss.
- Defeat the giant minotaur boss.
- The minotaur periodically closes with an impenetrable shield and summons several Vex diamonds, which must be destroyed in order to remove the shield.
After successfully completing the activity, 2 chests with a reward appear: a regular one – random purple equipment, a special one – many skeins of thread, a season key and an engram, random purple equipment. However, in order to open the second chest, you first have to get a special key, it starts to drop randomly from various sources of Neomunas (new planet) as soon as you reach a certain initial stage of the Hall of Heroes quest mentioned above. Or upgrade the key NPC of Neomun and open a daily quest for this key.
Battlefields of the unruly
As I wrote at the very beginning, Destiny 2 also launched season 20 of Resistance, along with the End of the World expansion, which will take place directly on Earth. So far, he has brought with him the only activity called “Battlefields of the Defiant”, its light and normal versions are opened during the passage of the main quest. Most likely, as the season progresses, a legendary version will also open later.
The activity invites a group of 3 players (there is auto-selection) to penetrate the ziggurat of darkness and return the captured people. There will be 3 variations in total, taking place in different locations – EDZ, Cosmodrome, orbital prison. The process of saving people at EDZ is as follows:
- Making their way through the hordes of cabals, the group needs to get to the platform near the entrance to the ziggurat.
- Having installed a beacon on the platform, the group passes into a higher dimension and already there continues its path forward, fighting off the possessed.
- In the process, you have to overcome a small obstacle course.
- Having gone a little further, the group will have to fight the first boss – an obsessed meatball.
- During the battle, the boss activates an impenetrable shield twice and then summons a dome of the Taken, it must be destroyed in order to remove the shield.
- After the meatball dies, players enter the ziggurat and move on to the second and final boss – the captain of the cabals. The fight with him revolves around two mechanics.
- First: the arena fills with poisonous smoke and the safe zone is only in the dome near the lighthouse. After leaving the dome, the characters will not take poison damage for 5 seconds.
- Secondly: during the battle, the boss activates an impenetrable shield twice and then summons witches. You need to kill them, pick up a particle of light, return to the dome, bring in a particle and throw the resulting ball at the boss. By doing all this, you will deal damage to the shield.
After successfully completing an activity that resembles a short Raid, 1 chest will appear in front of you, and not 2 as before. This is due to the fact that it contains two types of seasonal rewards at once: regular and additional, you will automatically receive the second only if you have in the inventory of the above seasonal key. It drops out when performing activities throughout the solar system.
The article concludes with a list of simpler new content:
- 1 new Blitz – Located on Neomun. During its passage, players will visit the Vex cyberspace and arrange dangerous bike races.
- 3 new Lost Sectors on Neomun – During their exploration, you will visit a high-tech food production facility, the insides of Calus’ new ship, and an arcade room.
- Section: general reboot – a special weekly mission without a selection system, designed for single / group passage. To open it, you need to complete the “Joy” quest (for more details, see the article about weapons from the hat) and get a special code. The latter is given as a reward for the weekly quest at the Nimbus on Neomun.
- Trial – a unique story mission designed to teach you how to control the Thread subclass. There are no rewards in it, but only achievements for quick passage.
- Weekly End of the World Story Mission – as in the case of the previous add-on, upon reaching 100000 of the counter, it allows you to get super-powerful equipment once a week. There are 3 difficulty levels available.
- Vex Invasion – a special state of a random region of Neomunas. Due to the fact that a special patrol may appear in it, I decided to classify it as an activity.
Other publications on the topic
Released two weeks ago, the major addition “Lightfall (Doomsday)” brought to the game a new unusual subclass of darkness called “Thread”, which allows you to collect several interesting builds, which we will analyze in this article.
Yesterday at 19:06
Last Friday, March 10, a completely new raid appeared in the game with the rather intriguing name “Root of Nightmares (Source of Nightmares)”, and in this article you will find a guide for passing it.
March 13 at 23:20
Exactly one week ago, Destiny 2 released a major expansion, End of the World, and in this article, you can read impressions of the story, the new subclass, enemies, build changes, and more.
March 8 at 22:12