Crytek decided to move Hunt: Showdown to CryEngine 5.11 and planned a major update for early 2024. The update will include a map with a new biome – specifically to demonstrate the graphical features of the engine.

The system requirements of the game will increase: you will need a 7th generation Intel processor and Nvidia GTX 1650 Super or their equivalents. Currently in Steam Intel’s minimum specifications are indicated – i5-4590 and GTX 660.

According to Hunt CEO, David Fifield, changes to the game will affect less than 10% of the community with weak or old hardware; for the remaining 90% the game will simply sparkle with new colors. For console users, the update marks the end of support for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One in April 2024. However, free updates will be available for new versions of the PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series S/X consoles.

More Hunt: Showdown updates are on the way. Before the transition to the new engine, support for gamepads will be added, item unlocking and progress will be changed, and weapon inspection will gradually appear.


Shubham, a passionate gaming expert with over a decade of experience in the gaming industry. Shubham has been an avid gamer since he was young, and his love for video games has only grown over the years. He's an expert in all things gaming, from the latest trends and technologies to the most popular games and platforms.

Write A Comment